Spicy Mexican Soup!
Serving: 2 people
1 1/3 cup canned black beans or 1 can of Bush’s black beans (washed)
1 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp frozen corn ( if using fresh then use boiled corn)
2 tbsp chopped cilatro
1/2 cup of finely chopped green bell pepper (or mix of green & red bell pepper)
2 medium size tomato
2 cherry pepper ( or use any other Mexican hot pepper)
1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
1 tbsp red chili powder (reduce the amount if you can not take heat)
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
salt according to taste
different garnishing options:
diced avocado, diced tomato, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, cilantro
1. Blend tomato, cherry pepper, green bell pepper (leave 2 tbsp green pepper on side)-DO NOT ADD WATER TO THIS.
2. Wash the canned black beans nicely.
3. In a pot add black beans, water, corn, olive oil, cilantro, remaining 2 tbsp green pepper, blended mixture (tomato, cherry pepper, green bell pepper, cumin powder, red chili powder, red chili flakes, salt.
4. Start cooking on medium heat.
5. once it starts boiling take little quantity of soup and blend it in blender & add it back. This will give thick consistency to soup.
6. Cook ~ 15 minutes. add little water if you need. This soup is having thicker consistency than other soups.
7. Garnish with listed different garnishing options.
Serve it with corn chips, french bread, plain rice etc.